This guide fully prepares you for domain transfer to Webhero in a step-by-step manner for before, during, and after the domain name registration transfer is purchased. A domain name transfer is not a transfer of ownership.
Note: The following steps must be completed before any domain name can transfer from one registrar to another registrar.
1. Check that the domain name is at least 60 days old by performing a WHOIS search.
2. Check that the domain name has a status of "OK" or "Active" as opposed to "registrar-lock" or "transfer prohibited" by performing a WHOIS search.
3. Check that the administrative contact email address listed in the WHOIS record is an email address you have access to by performing a WHOIS search.
4. Contact your registrar to obtain the EPP authorization code for your domain and to correct steps 2 and 3 if necessary.
5. Order the domain transfer from the Webhero home page. Note: If your domain name is not yet 60 days old you may still host with us. You need only to order hosting, publish your website, setup any email accounts, and then  to point to us. If you have already ordered both domain name transfer and hosting, and the domain name is not yet 60 days old you will need to contact us to put the transfer process on hold to proceed with hosting.
The Domain Registration Transfer Process:
1. Administrative contact confirms the transfer. Within 1 hour of purchase Webhero.com will send an email to the administrative contact email address listed in the WHOIS record. Follow the directions in the e-mail or fax the printed e-mail along with a copy of the administrative contact's photo-id, signature, and EPP authorization code.
2. Webhero.com then initiates the transfer request with the appropriate registry.
3. That registry will begin a 5 calendar day period after notifying the current registrar of the transfer request.
4. After the 5 calendar days the registry will notify Webhero.com of it's new registrar status. This process normally takes 5-7 days, but if the steps listed in the Before section above are not completed the process may take longer. If corrective action was taken after placing your transfer order with Webhero you will need to contact us to restart the transfer process. There is no additional charge for restarting this process.
After the Domain Registration Transfer is Successful:
1. Setup email accounts and publish your website if applicable.
2. Updating Nameservers There should be no downtime since we do not automatically change the nameservers after the domain is transferred to us. When you are ready, you will need to login to the control panel and change your nameservers to make us authoritative for DNS.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article